Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"Why do they hate us?" Reading 1 questions. 9-14-11

1. I have no questions about the reading. If I had any, they could be answered by finding the video of the conference and watching it.

2. Obama's answer is that Al Qaeda wishes to destroy Americans because they simply have a vision of death. Brennan's answer is very unclear, as he seems to almost avoid answering the question.

3. Thomas didn't like Brennan's answer because it was very vague and didn't answer her question very well. I don't think she'd like Obama's answer because while he does answer ti slightly better than Brennan, he still is quite vague about the answer.

4. Greenwald thinks it's important to know about motives because if we know the motive, and we think that the motive isn't a good one, then we can thereby detest the terrorist actions further. I agree because I hate terrorist acts just as much as anyone, and I want to understand their motives.

5. I would answer Thomas' question by saying that these people commit these acts against us because they don't agree with our American ideals. Not only this, but they also dislike our presence in parts of the Middle East. This, combined with other factors such as religion and our alliance with Israel, is why these people want to kill Americans. If I wanted more reliable information, I could go to a government website about terrorism to find out more.


Bookmarks Link: http://www.ikeepbookmarks.com/browse.asp?account=553230

No comments:

Post a Comment